Theatre Operations Manager
Reporting to the Co-Directors, the Theatre Operations Manager is responsible for the management of a 12 person operations staff, and all building facilities including three theaters, a café and outdoor patio garden. The Theatre Operations Manager must ensure the successful execution of all events. Availability for late nights, weekends and holidays are a must. This is a full-time position.
Theatre Operations Manager Responsibilities:
- Scheduling of Cinema staff for daily operations and special events.
- Recruiting, orienting, and training employees for box office manager, concessionaire and usher positions
- Oversee Café Manager and Projectionist positions
- Revising and implementing Box Office and Operations policies and procedures
- Assisting with volunteer training
- Completing inspections; contracting with and supervising maintenance and cleaning services; ordering and maintaining supplies; recommending renovations; maintaining security devices; responding to emergencies.
- Overseeing the implementation of all facility renovations
- Coordinate special events, rentals and special projects
- On-site for all special events to assist with special tech and guest needs (Skype, live music, special guest services, etc.)
- Oversee film trafficking
- Troubleshooting technical difficulties
- Monitoring in-house and online ticket sales
- Investigate and resolve customer service satisfaction
- Monthly reporting to Board of Directors regarding on-going projects
- Two years’ experience in management position
- Ability to supervise staff
- Box Office experience using a ticketing system
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience coordinating special events
- Excellent computer skills: Microsoft Office required; databases and website maintenance an asset
- Ability to deal with cash
- Excellent customer service skills
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Food Handler Certification a plus
- Knowledge of theater projection technology a plus
- Public speaking experience a plus
Commensurate with experience.
Applications are due by 5pm on Thursday, September 25th. Position begins on Monday, October 6th.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
The Cinema Arts Centre accepts ongoing resumes for the following positions:
Update:August 2014- We are ACTIVELY hiring full/part times positions in all areas!
Box Office associates
- Ability to operate point of sales based ordering systems.
- Ability to work well and communicate clearly with a variety of people.
- Ability to stand for extended period of time and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Availability on weekends & holidays is a MUST. If you are not available on Fridays, Saturdays or Sundays- your application will not be considered.
Hourly position/ part-time to full time positions
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please respond with an attached resume in PDF or Word format. NO PHONE CALLS
Cinema Arts Centre is an equal opportunity employer and recognizes and values the benefits of a diverse workforce.